Oven Baked Salmon with a Tangy Glaze
This glazed salmon recipe comes from the same Katya who shared her cherry filled cupcakes with us. Her family lives in WA and this is their favorite way of preparing salmon. As we know, salmon is huge in the Seattle area (my rainy home town). Enjoy this juicy and easy oven baked salmon recipe!
Can I tell you a story?
Well, I’m going to anyway. My family went fishing for salmon in the Puget Sound several times (on our 17-foot Sea Ray boat) when I was a kid. We were in the puget sound one day trolling for salmon and were surrounded by a dense fog.
We heard a low and deep horn, but of course, we couldn’t see a lick through that fog. All of a sudden, a great black wall passed just feet from our boat. It was a huge barge that sent a decent wave of water into our boat. I’m certain there were angels around us that day.
I have lots and lots of fishing stories. We went crab catching on that same boat, caught sharks, sea rays, and all kinds of strange creatures. What an exciting place to fish (except for nearly dying). Growing up in Seattle was quite an adventure.
Um, yes, where was I? This glazed salmon has a well-seasoned, tangy crust and it’s way too easy to make! Happy pinning! 😉
Ingredients for Oven Baked Glazed Salmon
2 lbs fresh salmon
1/2 tsp salt (we love sea salt)
1/8 tsp granulated sugar
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1/8 tsp paprika
1/3 cup mayonnaise
1 lemon, sliced
How to Make the Best Oven Baked Salmon:
Preheat the Oven to 350˚F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
1. In a small ramekin, combine 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp sugar, 1/8 tsp black pepper, 1/8 tsp garlic powder, 1/8 tsp paprika and mix. Sprinkle the top of your salmon evenly with your seasoning mix.
2. Spread with a thin layer of mayo. It really just needs a little. Don’t slather it on. A little goes a long way in this recipe. Top with slices of lemon. Cover with foil and bake at 350˚F for 20 min. Remove foil and broil an extra 3 minutes or so to get a nice golden crust on the top.
How lovely and it makes such a beautiful presentation for company!
Bada Bing Bada Boom. Enjoy this oven baked glazed salmon!
Baked Salmon with a Lemon Mayo Glaze
- 2 lbs fresh salmon
- ½ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp sugar
- ⅛ tsp ground black pepper
- ⅛ tsp garlic powder
- ⅛ tsp paprika
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 1 lemon, sliced
- How to Make the Best Oven Roasted Salmon:
- Preheat the Oven to 350˚F for 20 min. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup.
- In a small ramekin, combine ½ tsp salt, ⅛ tsp sugar, ⅛ tsp black pepper, ⅛ tsp garlic powder, ⅛ tsp paprika and mix. Sprinkle the top of your salmon evenly with your seasoning mix.
- Spread with a thin layer of mayo. It really just needs a little. Don't slather it on. A little goes a long way with Mayo. Top with slices of lemon. Cover with foil and bake at 350˚F for 20 min. Remove foil and broil a 3 minutes or so to get a nice golden crust on the top.