Strawberry Pretzel Salad Recipe(Video)
This strawberry pretzel salad is always a hit at parties. It’s dangerously good! I knew I had to make a video to show you just how easy this is. It’s a strawberry jello dessert that is loved by adults and kids.
It is based on our original recipe for raspberry pretzel jello except we cut down the sugar and used an entire pound of fresh strawberries! The combination of sweet, salty and tart make it irresistible. A must try! We hope you enjoy the video :).
We really enjoy making video recipes for you all. Thank you so much for subscribing to our YouTube Cooking Channel. It’s so encouraging to see it growing so quickly!
Watch How to Make Strawberry Pretzel Salad:
The ingredients are simple but the flavors are spectacular!
Q: Can I substitute Cool Whip?
Cool Whip provides the best results. I have tested this recipe with whipped cream (by beating 1 cup heavy whipping cream until stiff and fluffy) and although this substitution tastes good, it softens the pretzel crust a bit so the crust isn’t as crisp (it’s better on day 2 when using cool whip). Also, if using whipped cream, you may wish to add 2/3 cup sugar to the cream cheese to reach the same sweetness and refrigerate the cream portion for 45 minutes for it to set better.
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 6 oz package strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2½ cups salted pretzels (before crushing)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 stick (8 Tbsp) unsalted butter
- 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz tub of cool whip, thawed in the fridge
- 1 lb fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Combine strawberry Jell-O with 2 cups boiling water and stir until completely dissolved. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Crush 2½ cups pretzels in a sturdy ziploc bag, using a rolling pin.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt 8 Tbsp butter then add ¼ cup sugar and stir. Mix in crushed pretzels. Transfer to a 13x9 glass casserole dish, pressing the pretzel mix evenly over the bottom of the dish and bake for 10 min at 350°F, then cool to room temp (if it's cold outside, cover with a tea towel and set on the porch to cool faster - then hope the neighbors cat doesn't get it).
- While pretzel mix is cooling, use a hand mixer to beat 8 oz cream cheese and ½ cup sugar on med/high speed until fluffy and white. Fold in 8 oz Cool Whip until no streaks of cream cheese remain. Spread mixture over cooled pretzels and go all the way to the edges of the dish to create a seal (you don’t want jello to leak into the pretzels). Refrigerate 30 min.
- Hull and slice 1 lb strawberries then stir them into your room temperature jello. Poor and spread strawberry jello mixture evenly over your cooled cream cheese layer and refrigerate until jello is set (2-4 hours).
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
Tools We Used for this Strawberry Pretzel Jello:
2 Quart Ovenproof Glass Batter Bowl
Glass baking dish
Breville Stainless Steel Electric Kettle
Glass mixing bowl
John Boos cutting board
Stainless Steel Saucepan
Le Creuset Silicone Spatula
Wusthof Classic Ikon 7-Inch Santoku Knife
Wusthof Classic Ikon 6-inch Utility Knife
OXO Good Grips Nylon Flexible Turner
Thank you for watching! If you have a suggestion for something you want to see on my channel, I’d love to hear about it in a comment below.