Avocado Shrimp Salad Recipe (VIDEO)
This Avocado Shrimp Salad is LOADED with juicy cajun shrimp and all the best flavors of summer. This salad has been one of the top salads on my blog for years. Everyone who tries it, loves it and this salad always disappears fast, so if you’re running for a refill, run fast!
The cilantro lemon dressing is so simple but adds incredible fresh FLAVOUR! You will want it on all of your salads. This shrimp salad also has a ridiculous amount of avocados; because – AVOCADOS!!
I could happily live off this salad. Watch the quick video recipe and you’ll be headed to the store for ingredients…
Watch How to Make Avocado Shrimp Salad:
So fresh and wonderful – this avocado shrimp salad is always a crowd pleaser. I am pretty partial to shrimp but if you prefer, you can substitute shrimp with cooked chicken breast, thinly sliced steak, or sliced hard boiled eggs to add some protein and serve as a cob salad.
Cook’s Tip: Freshly Cooked Corn really makes this salad and adds an amazing pop of sweet flavor. When fresh corn is out of season, cook some frozen corn since that is typically sealed at the peak of freshness.
⬇️ Print-Friendly Avocado Shrimp Salad:
Avocado Shrimp Salad Recipe
Ingredients for Cajun Shrimp:
- 1 lb medium shrimp (31-40 Count), peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp cajun spice
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or grated
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
Ingredients for Salad:
- 1 medium romaine lettuce (5-6 cups chopped)
- ½ lb (3 medium) Roma tomatoes, sliced
- ½ medium red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ English cucumber (or 3 small), sliced
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels (from 2 freshly cooked cobs)
Ingredients for Cilantro-Lemon Dressing:
- Juice of 1 large lemon (3 Tbsp)
- ½ small bunch of cilantro (1/2 cup finely chopped) or parsley
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt or ¾ tsp table salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
How to make Avocado Shrimp Salad:
- Pat dry shrimp with paper towels and place in a medium bowl. Add 1 tsp cajun spice, 2 pressed garlic cloves, a pinch of salt and stir to combine.
- Place a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp butter and once its melted and hot, add shrimp in a single layer. Sauté 2 minutes per side or just until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Chop, rinse and spin dry 1 medium head of romaine lettuce. You should end up with about 6 cups lettuce. Transfer that to a large mixing bowl. Now add 3 sliced tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, sliced cucumbers, 2 sliced avocados and 1 cup cooked corn.
- To make the dressing, start with 3 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice, now finely chop about ½ cup of cilantro and stir that in. Add 3 Tbsp of olive oil and extra virgin has the best flavor. Season with 1 tsp salt and a generous pinch of black pepper and stir that together.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
We are really excited for garden fresh cucumbers and tomatoes which take this salad to a whole new level of freshness!
P.S. Do you garden? My parents sure do (watch their garden tour)!! Are you planting anything new or surprising this year?