Avocado Corn Salad (VIDEO)
This Avocado Corn Salad is a bright and feel-good salad that’s loaded with grilled corn, creamy avocado, cherry tomatoes, and the dressing gives it an amazing fresh flavor. This is a crowd-pleasing fresh corn salad that always disappears fast!
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Avocado Corn Salad Recipe
We love sweet summer corn for everything from Corn Guacamole to Corn Chowder and this Corn Salad is perfect for summer parties and BBQ’s! I have to warn you though – the video below may elicit major cravings. You just can’t go wrong with this combination of fresh ingredients and the dressing really makes the flavors pop.
Watch How to Make Corn Salad:
See Natasha make this easy corn salad recipe. I hope it becomes a new favorite summer salad for you!
If you enjoy our videos, please subscribe to our Youtube Channel and click the bell icon so you’ll be the first to know when we post a new video. THANK YOU for subscribing! We love hanging out with you on our Youtube Channel.
Ingredients for Summer Corn Salad with Avocado:
This corn salad is loaded with all the best ingredients of summer. P.S. Do not skip the garlic, the dressing will mellow it out and it gives every bite irresistible flavor. This recipe has a short list of ingredients but it really doesn’t need anything more. It is an easy, excellent salad.
How to Cook Corn on the Cob:
There are several methods of cooking corn and all of them will work for this corn salad. We used grilled corn in this recipe because grilling gives it a smokey sweetness that is completely irresistible.
- How to grill corn on the cob: Grilling corn in husks is easy. We pre-soak the corn with the husks on and then place them directly on the grill for 18-20 minutes on med/high heat rotating every 5 minutes. You can also grill corn in foil if you don’t have time to soak the corn.
- How to bake corn on the cob: Place husks directly on the center oven rack and bake at 350˚F for 30 minutes. No need to soak the corn.
- How to boil corn on the cob: This is the quickest method. Place the shucked corn in a pot, cover with water, bring to a boil and add sugar (yes sugar!) then boil 15 minutes. Click here for boiled corn recipe.
Can I substitute with Fresh corn with Frozen Corn?
Yes! When corn is out of season, it is ok to use frozen corn. Canned corn will also work when you aren’t able to find fresh or frozen, but frozen is the better substitute. Sometimes it is even easier to find organic corn when it is frozen. Follow the package instructions to prepare frozen corn.
More Summer Salad Recipes:
These salads are so fresh, crisp, and the perfect side dish in summer. These salad recipes are loaded with fresh and healthy vegetables.
- Cucumber Tomato Avocado Salad – This is si fresh and especially delicious with garden cucumbers and tomatoes
- Cobb Salad – packed with protein and a meal in itself. You’ll love the dressing!
- Chickpea Salad – Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans are brilliant in salads because they are high in protein
- Avocado Tuna Salad – This one is so easy with canned tuna
- Caesar Salad – classic and simple with the best homemade dressing
Print-Friendly Corn Salad Recipe:
Avocado Corn Salad
- 1 lb cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 3 ears of corn, cooked, shucked and cut off the cob
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 red onion (medium), thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (1/2 small bunch)
- 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 to 3 Tbsp lime juice, from 1 to 2 limes
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed or finely minced
- 1 tsp sea salt , or 3/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- In a large salad bowl, combine sliced tomatoes, corn kernels, sliced avocado, thinly sliced red onion, 1/4 cup chopped cilantro and press in 2 garlic cloves.
- Drizzle the top with 2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 2-3 Tbsp lime juice (adding it to taste). Add 1 tsp sea salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper, or season to taste. Toss the salad gently just until combined and serve.
Nutrition Per Serving
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
This Corn Salad Recipe was originally published in June 2018. We spruced up the post, but the recipe is exactly the same.
Q: What is your go-to salad for potlucks and summer parties? let me know in a comment below! 🙂