Baked Salmon with Garlic and Dijon
Baked Salmon is juicy and flaky with a flavorful garlic, dijon, lemon glaze. We used the same marinade on our succulent Broiled Lobster Tails. Find out why this is one of the most popular baked salmon recipes around!
When it comes to parties and entertaining, this 20-minute roasted salmon is one of our go-to seafood recipes along with Shrimp Scampi, the best Fish Tacos, and Creamy Shrimp Pasta. P.S. We included air fryer instructions which cuts the bake time in half.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Baked Salmon Recipe:
I hope you fall in love with this tasty Baked Salmon! We absolutely love salmon recipes and this is consistently our favorite for years. According to my readers, it has saved marriages, impressed in-laws, and had many picky eaters smiling.
The Best Salmon Marinade:
You don’t need any fancy ingredients to make the best baked salmon. This is a healthy salmon marinade, but is definitely not lacking in flavor. The best part is – there is no marinating required! All you need is:
- Dijon mustard
- Fresh lemon juice (not from concentrate)
- Plenty of pressed garlic
- Pantry Basics: olive oil, salt and pepper
I am convinced this is the best marinade for seafood. It works on shrimp, lobster, fancy salmon skewers and all kinds of fish (we also snuck it onto these chicken legs and didn’t regret it for a second)! It’s fresh, vibrant and easy; simply combine all of the ingredients in a bowl, spread it over the salmon filets and bake.
How Long to Bake Salmon:
This proven roasting method always produces excellent results. Baking the salmon at a high temperature quickly roasts the exterior and seals in the natural juiciness of the salmon, making it flaky, tender and moist.
- Roast at 450˚F for 12 -15 minutes
- Salmon internal temperature should reach 145˚F (remove it from the oven at 140˚F since the temperature will continue to rise as it rests).
The Best Types of Salmon:
Wild caught salmon (not farmed) is best. Any of these types of salmon will work: Atlantic Salmon, Chinook Salmon, Coho Salmon, Pink Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, or King Salmon.
Since salmon filets can vary in size, Keep an eye on the salmon towards the end since a thinner fillet will roast faster and a thicker filet such as a fattier farmed salmon, or a thick wild King salmon fillet may take longer to roast.
How to Make Air Fryer Salmon:
Place salmon on the wire basket, skin-side-down, and keeping it spaced just so the pieces are not touching. Air Fry at 450˚F for 5-7 minutes, depending on thickness of the salmon. As usual, there is no need to preheat the air fryer. I
love how the top becomes slightly caramelized in an airfryer – it is my new favorite way to make “bake” salmon. Read more about our air fryer here.
Mmm… flaky, juicy and incredibly flavorful salmon. This is truly an absolutely delicious salmon recipe and the #1 salmon recipe on our blog!
More Top Rated Salmon Recipes:
Where are my salmon fans? Be sure to save all of these for later. Each of these salmon recipes is unique and truly excellent.
- Teriyaki Salmon – with a homemade glaze
- Salmon Patties – don’t skip the homemade tartar sauce
- Pan-Seared Salmon – in lemon brown butter sauce
- Salmon and Asparagus – easy one-pan dinner
- Salmon Avocado Salad – with excellent lemon dill dressing
Watch How to Bake Salmon:
With hundreds of five-star reviews, this baked salmon recipe is sure to become a staple in your home. It’s not only a reader favorite but a family favorite – my children enjoy healthy portions of this flavorful salmon which means they are getting their Omega 3’s, protein and so many other health benefits.
Baked Salmon with Garlic and Dijon
- Preheat oven to 450˚F and line a rimmed baking sheet with silpat or foil. Slice salmon into 4 portions and arrange them on a lined baking sheet, skin-side-down.
- In a small bowl, combine: 2 Tbsp parsley, 2-3 pressed cloves garlic, 2 Tbsp oil and 2 Tbsp lemon juice, 1/2 Tbsp Dijon, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/8 tsp pepper.
- Generously spread the marinade over the top and sides of the salmon then top each piece with a slice of lemon.
- Bake at 450°F for 12-15 min or until just cooked through and flaky. Don't over-cook.
Nutrition Per Serving
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen
This baked salmon was first published in 2012. We updated the photos and added air fryer salmon instructions. The recipe is the same; timeless and excellent! Here is what it looked like previously.