Fresh Broccoli and Apple Salad with Walnuts
This Broccoli Apple Salad with creamy lemon dressing has been a family favorite for years. All of the flavors work really well together. It’s sweet, and tart and crisp. It also refrigerates really well overnight even after stirring in the dressing.
This is my Mama-in-laws recipe. My hubby made this after getting instructions over the phone. We knew it was a keeper the first time we tried it. Love at first bite!
Watch How to Make Broccoli Apple Salad:
Broccoli Apple Salad Ingredients:
2 medium heads of broccoli, chopped into small pieces
1 large carrot, grated
1 apple, cored and finely chopped
1/4 medium onion (1/4 cup), finely chopped
1/2 cup walnuts, toasted on a skillet and coarsely chopped
1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries
Creamy Lemon Salad Dressing Ingredients:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 Tbsp sugar, or add to taste
1/4 tsp sea salt
Pinch of black pepper
How to Make Fresh Broccoli Apple Salad:
1. Toast walnuts over medium/ high heat on a dry skillet, tossing them occasionally so they don’t burn. Toast about 4-5 minutes. Chop walnuts coarsely.
2. Combine chopped broccoli, grated carrot, chopped apple, chopped onion, chopped walnut and cranberries.
3. To make the dressing, combine: 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 1/2 cup of sour cream, 2 Tbsp of lemon juice, 1/2 Tbsp sugar (or add to taste), 1/4 tsp of sea salt and a pinch of black pepper. Mix well.
4. Mix as much of the dressing as you want into the salad, then serve. MMMMMM!!
Print-Friendly Broccoli Apple Salad:
Fresh Broccoli Apple Salad with Walnuts
- 2 medium heads of broccoli chopped into small pieces
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 apple cored and finely chopped
- 1/4 medium onion 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted on a skillet and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins or cranberries
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar or add to taste
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pinch of pepper
Toast walnuts over medium/ high heat, tossing them occasionally so they don't burn. Heat about 4-5 minutes. Chop walnuts coarsely.
Combine chopped broccoli, grated carrot, chopped apple, chopped onion, chopped walnut and cranberries.
To make the dressing, combine: mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, sugar (to taste), salt and pepper. Mix well.
Mix as much of the dressing as you want into the salad, then serve.