Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
A quick and easy Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken recipe. The chicken is perfectly seared on the outside and bursting with juices and flavor from the marinade on the inside.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Hey, hey! Valentina with Valentina’s Corner sharing our Cilantro Lime Chicken Recipe.
Why We Love Cilantro Lime Chicken:
This Mexican-inspired chicken is the PERFECT recipe for summer grilling. The marinade for the chicken has simple ingredients and takes under 5 minutes to prepare. Grilling is one of our favorite ways to cook chicken breast or thighs because it seals in all of the juices and flavor, just like Grilling a Steak!
The combination of zesty lime, cilantro, garlic and a little honey is a clear winner. It’s going to win your family over and get rave reviews.
How to Make Cilantro Lime Chicken-
- Combine the ingredients for the marinade.
- Pour marinade over the chicken and coat. Marinate 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Grill chicken over medium heat until cooked through, about 6-8 minutes per side.
- Serve with a wedge of lime to squeeze over sliced chicken and garnish with cilantro.
PRO TIP: The marinade is so delicious, we like to pour some over the chicken as it’s being grilled.
Can I make Cilantro Lime Chicken Ahead?
Due to the amount of lime in the marinade, we don’t recommend marinating for more than 2 hours.
Once the chicken is grilled, store any leftover cooked chicken in an airtight container refrigerated for up to 3 days.
Can I Use Chicken Thighs?
Yes, chicken thighs will work just as great in this recipe. Grill the chicken until the thickest part of the meat has an internal reading of 165°F on an instant-read thermometer.
What to Serve with Cilantro Lime Chicken?
This classic recipe can easily be served with your favorite Mexican-inspired sides. We love to serve the chicken with white rice or our quick mashed potatoes. This cilantro lime chicken pairs well with:
Once you give the grilled cilantro lime chicken recipe a try, it will become a regular on your grilling menu. I love that the recipe is enjoyed by kids and adults alike.
More Grilling Recipes:
We love cooking outdoors in summer because everything seems to taste and smell better on the grill; chicken, beef, seafood, veggies – you name it! If you love firing up the grill in summer, you will love these grilling recipes.
- Grilled Salmon – with garlic lime butter
- Juicy BBQ Chicken Breast – with my sister’s famous marinade
- Honey Garlic Shrimp– in a sweet and tangy sauce.
- Grilled Corn in Foil – you will love the flavored butter
- Grilled Pork Chops– using staple pantry ingredients.
Grilled Cilantro Lime Chicken
- In a bowl, combine oil, lime juice, garlic, cilantro, salt, pepper, paprika, and honey for the marinade.
- Add the chicken to the mixture and allow to marinate for 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Grill chicken 6-8 minutes per side, or until cooked through. Serve with a wedge of lime to squeeze over the cooked chicken and garnish with more cilantro if desired.
Nutrition Per Serving
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see pics of your creations on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter! Hashtag them #natashaskitchen