Jalapeno Poppers with Bacon
Jalapeno Poppers are the ultimate appetizer. You’ll love these halved jalapenos stuffed with a rich cream cheese and bacon mixture.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
How to Make Jalapeno Poppers
Jalapeno Poppers use simple ingredients and are so EASY to make. It’s similar to our Cheeseball filling but stuffed into jalapeños.
- Bacon: Cook the bacon using your favorite method. We just cut it into small pieces and cook on the stovetop until crispy. Once cooled, chop bacon into small pieces.
- Jalapenos: Purchase fresh jalapenos. Cut in half and scrape out the seeds.
- Make Filling: In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients for the filling.
- Fill Jalapenos: Fill the halved jalapenos with the cream cheese filling, distributing the mixture evenly between the pepper halves.
- Bake: Bake the jalapenos until the cheese is melted and is golden.
How to Cut Jalapeños
Jalapeno Peppers are spicy! We highly recommend you wear kitchen gloves to clean the peppers to protect your skin from being burned.
- Slice the jalapenos in half lengthwise.
- Remove the seeds and membranes. TIP: You can leave in some of the membranes for extra spiciness.
Pro Tip: If you love more heat in your jalapenos, you can leave in some of the membranes for extra spiciness.
You can assemble the jalapeno poppers up to 3 days in advance and keep them refrigerated in an airtight container. Bake or air fry per the instructions before serving.
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
Once cooled, refrigerate for up to 3 days in an airtight container. To reheat, cover the dish with foil and cook until reheated through.
The jalapeno bites are not overly spicy and the perfect appetizer or side dish for potlucks and parties.
Other Popular Appetizers:
- Charcuterie Board – this appetizer can be your entire menu
- Cowboy Caviar – you’ll be so happy it makes a big batch
- Pico De Gallo – learn the secret to authentic pico
- Baked Wings – so much better than fried
- Jalapeno Popper Dip – perfect for game night
Did you make this Jalapeno Popper recipe? Please share your rating and review in a comment below.
- 12 jalapenos
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temp
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp green onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
- 8 oz bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, optional
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Halve the jalapenos lengthwise. Remove and discard the seeds and membranes from the jalapenos.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, garlic, salt, pepper, green onion, shredded cheese, and cooked bacon for the filling.
- Fill the jalapeno halves with the mixture. Placed stuffed jalapenos on a baking sheet and bake at 400˚F for 18-20 minutes, or until the cheese melts golden in color. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the poppers and serve.