Spring Cleaning and Mother’s Day Giveaway (2 Winners Announced)
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Step one of spring cleaning was to tackle our pantry (it was more of an overhaul). It’s amazing how a tiny pantry can hide so much! I discovered some ingredients that I had no idea existed in there, which meant they needed to be tossed.
I’m a little embarrassed to show you what my pantry used to look like, but I hope it inspires you to tidy up your pantry. And, make sure to enter the Progressive Keepers Giveaway below (you don’t have to be a mom to enter) Did I mention there are two winners? And the Winners are…
Congratulations to our 2 winners!
1. #249: Ligia who wrote: “I tweeted about this giveaway https://twitter.com/ligiaprelip”
2. #74: Inna S. who wrote: “I shared this on facebook! my cupboard could REALLY use a cleaning out like you did.”
I’ll email you shortly. Please reply within 48 hours or I’ll have to draw new winners. Thanks to all of you who entered the giveaway. I would have loved to give each of you a prize 🙂
Now for the before pictures (eeek, eeek, eeek!! Somebody close the door!):
Here’s a closer look at disaster:
Bags of flour (cringe) :-/
I despised that little yellow garbage can turned onion holder lined with plastic bags.
We started by gutting the whole thing. My son enjoyed this part.
I’m breathing easier now:
I think my pantry is a happier place. Thanks Progressive! My husband stood back and just stared in adoration at our pantry after it was clean. It was his dream come true (he’s Mr. Tidy pants).
Here’s what is included in the giveaway and each winner will win the full set of keepers (minus the labels that I printed off at home and the food inside of the keepers ;)).
1. Flour Keeper. Did you notice this is (1) Big and (2) it has a scraper for exact measurements? Progressive makes the ideal flour keeper.
2. Brown Sugar Keeper: You soak this special terracotta disk for 15 min in room temp water, pat it dry and put it into your brown sugar to keep it from drying out up to 3 months!
3. Progressive Powdered Sugar Keeper: This has very handy sifter and scraper features!
4. Progressive’s Mini Keeper is great for herbs, spices or in my case; baking soda. I got tired of reaching into that little cardboard box and having to keep the box covered with a ziploc bag. I love how it has a way to scrape the spoon and get an exact measurement
5. The Bread Keeper by Progressive is pretty cool. It holds two Costco-sized loaves and keeps bread, croissants, bagels or any baked goods fresh. This keeper has a convenient little slicing bread board in there and adjustable air vents.
A huge THANK YOU to Progressive for donating the items for this giveaway and inspiring me to clean the pantry. Check out all of Progressive’s Innovative products by visiting their website. Also make sure to show them some Like on Progressive’s facebook page. 🙂
The giveaway ends on Mother’s Day May 12th, 2013 at 11:59 pm MST. There will be 2 winners drawn and each winner will receive the 5 piece Progressive Keeper Set. This giveaway is open to US Residents. Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 48 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
You may receive up to (4) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
a) Leave a separate comment in response to the following question: How would you use the Progressive Keepers to get organized?
b) Pin this giveaway on Pinterest and leave a separate comment telling me you’ve done so; including the link to your pin.
e) Share a picture of this giveaway on instagram and tag “@natashaskitchen” then leave a separate comment telling me you’ve shared it on Instagram.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products mentioned in some of the posts on my blog in the hope that I would give it a good review on my blog. Anyway, I ONLY recommend products or services I use personally and believe my readers will enjoy. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”