Grilled Brunch Skewers with Spicy Maple Glaze
Prep Time: 18 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Grilled pineapple sausage skewers that are sweet, spicy, smoky and so flavorful! You won’t believe the easy glaze.
- 1/2 pineapple cut into 18 count 1 1/2" pieces
- 1 red or orange bell pepper cut into 18, 1 1/2" pieces
- 1 red onion (medium) cut into (18 count) pieces
- 1 lb large turkey sausages or kielbasa cut into (18 count) 1 1/2" thick rings
- 1/4 cup original BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (real maple syrup)
- 2 tsp TABASCO® Sauce
Preheat grill to medium heat (300˚F).
How to Make Pineapple Sausage Skewers:
In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup BBQ sauce, 1/4 cup maple syrup and 2 tsp TABASCO® Sauce. Stir together and set aside.
Thread sausage, pineapple pieces, red bell pepper and red onion onto the skewer, alternating the ingredients as you add them.
Brush skewers with marinade then place on the preheated bbq, cover and grill on the first side 3 minutes then turn, brush with more marinade and grill about 2-minutes per side, brushing with more marinade as you turn the skewers. Grill until vegetables are cooked to desired doneness (total grilling time 10-12 minutes).