Avocado Salmon Salad Recipe
This avocado salmon salad is loaded with all of the best salad ingredients; crisp cucumber and lettuce, and juicy pan seared salmon. The lemon dill dressing is so easy and gives this salad amazing fresh flavor.
Ingredients for Salmon Salad:
- 1 lb salmon filets, boneless, skinless Cut into 4 fillets
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil to sauté
Ingredients for Lemon Dill Salad Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice from 2 medium lemons
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 2 Tbsp dill freshly chopped
Ingredients for Avocado Salmon Salad:
- 1 romaine lettuce (1 medium head or 6 cups chopped)
- 1/2 English cucumber sliced
- 6 radishes thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red onion (1/2 cup) thinly sliced
- 2 avocados pitted, peeled and sliced
In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients: 3 Tbsp lemon juice, 2 Tbsp dill, 1 tsp sea salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Stir together and set aside.
Season both sides of salmon filets with 1 tsp garlic salt and 1/8 tsp pepper, or season to taste.
Heat 1/2 Tbsp oil in a large nonstick pan over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add salmon and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until golden and cooked through (cook time can vary depending on thickness of salmon filet). Remove salmon to a plate and spoon 1 teaspoon of the dressing over each filet. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
Arrange salad ingredients in the salad bowl: 6 cups romaine lettuce, sliced english cucumber, sliced radishes, 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion, and sliced avocados. Drizzle with remaining lemon dressing and toss to combine. Divide between 4 plates and top each plate with a salmon filet.