Avocado Shrimp Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Avocado Shrimp Salad Recipe with cajun shrimp and the best flavors of summer. The cilantro lemon dressing gives this shrimp salad incredible fresh flavor!
Ingredients for Cajun Shrimp:
- 1 lb medium shrimp 31-40 Count, peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp cajun spice
- 2 cloves garlic pressed or grated
- Pinch salt
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
Ingredients for Salad:
- 1 medium romaine lettuce 5-6 cups chopped
- 1/2 lb 3 medium Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 English cucumber or 3 small, sliced
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels from 2 freshly cooked cobs
How to make Avocado Shrimp Salad:
Pat dry shrimp with paper towels and place in a medium bowl. Add 1 tsp cajun spice, 2 pressed garlic cloves, a pinch of salt and stir to combine.
Place a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add 2 Tbsp butter and once its melted and hot, add shrimp in a single layer. Sauté 2 minutes per side or just until cooked through. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
Chop, rinse and spin dry 1 medium head of romaine lettuce. You should end up with about 6 cups lettuce. Transfer that to a large mixing bowl. Now add 3 sliced tomatoes, thinly sliced red onion, sliced cucumbers, 2 sliced avocados and 1 cup cooked corn.
To make the dressing, start with 3 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice, now finely chop about 1/2 cup of cilantro and stir that in. Add 3 Tbsp of olive oil and extra virgin has the best flavor. Season with 1 tsp salt and a generous pinch of black pepper and stir that together.