Shrimp Avocado Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 16 minutes
Cook Time: 4 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
This shrimp avocado salad has all of the best flavors of summer. Loaded with avocado, cucumbers, tomatoes and corn all over a bed of bright romaine with a light cilantro dressing.
For the Cob Salad:
- 1/2 lb 3 to 4 medium Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 English cucumber or 3 smaller garden cucumbers sliced
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 2 avocados peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 cup corn kernels from 2 fresh cobs or canned drained corn
- 1 medium romaine lettuce 5 to 6 cups chopped
For the Cajun Shrimp:
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 lb large raw shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp cajun spice
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- Pinch of salt
For the Zesty Cilantro Lemon Dressing:
- 3 Tbsp olive oil mild or extra virgin
- Juice of 1 large lemon about 3 Tbsp (it's ok to sub lime juice)
- 1/2 bunch cilantro (1/2 cup chopped)
- 1 tsp sea salt or 3/4 tsp table salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Place shrimp medium bowl, sprinkle with 1 tsp cajun spice, 2 pressed garlic cloves and a pinch of salt and stir to combine.
Heat large non-stick pan over medium high heat. Swirl in 2 Tbsp butter. Once butter stops sizzling, add shrimp in a single layer and sauté about 2 min without disturbing. Flip shrimp over and sauté another minute or just until cooked through. Don't overcook shrimp or they can become rubbery. Remove to a plate and set aside to cool.
Chop, rinse and spin dry romaine lettuce. Line the bottom of a large salad platter/bowl with 5 to 6 cups of chopped romaine lettuce. Add remaining salad ingredients and shrimp in rows on top of romaine.
To make the dressing, in a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Drizzle dressing over the salad then toss to combine and serve.