Ground Beef Taco Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
Beef Tacos with the juiciest ground beef taco meat. These are perfect for easy entertaining or busy weeknights and they always get rave reviews! We serve these topped with mango avocado salsa.
For the Beef Mixture:
- 2 lbs ground beef chuck 10% to 20% fat
- 20 oz Rotel Tomatoes with Green Chilis (Two 10 oz cans with their juice)
- 1 tsp chili powder plus more for serving
- 1 tsp kosher salt or to taste
To Serve Beef Tacos:
- 20 yellow corn tortillas (small)
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce shredded
- 2/3 cup sour cream for topping
- 2 limes cut into wedges
- 1/4 bunch Cilantro sprigs to serve
Heat a large non-stick skillet over med-high heat. Add 2 lbs ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally until cooked through (5 minutes). Use a spoon to skim off and discard most of the excess fat, leaving about 2-3 Tbsp in the pan.
Add 2 cans of tomatoes, 1 tsp chili powder and 1 tsp salt. Continue to cook until beef is fully cooked and sauce slightly reduced and most of the tomato liquid has evaporated (7 to 10 minutes).
Before serving, on a dry large non-stick pan over medium/high heat, toast both sides of tortillas just until hot and barely starting to turn golden (15-30 seconds per side). Remove to a plate and cover loosely with foil to keep warm.
To serve, place a heaping spoonful of beef over each tortilla, top with lettuce, mango salsa, sprigs of cilantro, sour cream and a sprinkle of chili powder if desired. Squeeze fresh lime juice just before eating.