Oven Baked Salmon with Lemon Cream Sauce
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 14 minutes
Total Time: 24 minutes
This oven baked salmon is drizzled generously in a simple and delicious lemon cream sauce (classically known as lemon beurre blanc).
For Oven Baked Salmon with Lemon Cream Sauce:
- 2 to 3 lb salmon fillet
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp olive oil for drizzling salmon
- 1 Tbsp parsley finely chopped, to garnish
For the Lemon Cream Sauce:
- 1 small onion or 2 medium shallots super finely diced (about 1/4 cup diced)
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice from 2 medium or 1 large lemons
- 1/4 cup dry white wine such as chardonnay or pino grigio
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup 8 Tbsp cold unsalted butter cut into 8 pieces
Line baking sheet with foil or parchment. Arrange salmon skin-side-down, season with salt and pepper and drizzle the tops with oil. Bake uncovered at 425 for 10-15 min (depending on thickness of salmon) or until salmon is cooked through. My thick wild caught salmon took 14 min.
In a small sauce pan, combine 1/4 cup finely diced onion, 1/4 cup lemon juice, 1/4 cup wine and simmer over medium heat until reduced to a thick mixture (7-8 min).
Whisk in 1/2 cup cream and as soon as it comes to a simmer, reduce to low heat and slowly whisk in the 8 Tbsp butter, one tablespoon at a time (whisking constantly). Add 1/4 tsp salt or to taste and remove from heat. Cover with a lid to keep warm until ready to serve.
Plate salmon and drizzle generously with the lemon sauce, garnish with freshly chopped parsley then serve.
We recommend reheating over low heat, stirring frequently, just until hot and ready.
A 2 lb salmon serves 4 to 6 and a 3 lb salmon serves 6 to 8