Tender Chicken Fritters
Prep Time: 2 hours 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
The cheese in the batter forms part of the outer crust and a creates an irresistible cheese pull as you bite into these yummy chicken fritters. Marinating the chicken makes it tender and juicy. Marinate 2 hours or overnight.
- 1 1/2 lbs 3 large chicken breasts
- 2 large eggs
- 5 Tbsp about 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour or cornstarch or potato starch
- 4 oz 1 1/3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
- 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper or to taste
- Extra light olive oil or any high heat oil to sautee
Using a sharp knife, dice chicken into 1/3" to 1/2" thick pieces and set aside.
In a medium bowl combine batter ingredients: 2 eggs, 5 Tbsp mayo, 1/3 cup flour, 1 1/3 cups mozzarella, 1 1/2 Tbsp dill, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp black pepper. Stir until well combined. Stir in diced chicken, cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours, or overnight.
Heat a large non-stick pan over med heat. Add 2 Tbsp oil and when hot, add the chicken mixture a heaping Tbsp at a time (I used a flat ice cream scoop). Pat down fritters with the back of your spoon to flatten slightly. Saute uncovered 3 - 4 min on the first side then flip and saute uncovered 3 min on the second side or until golden brown and fully cooked. Repeat with remaining fritters. Remove to a paper towel lined dish.