Turkey Chili Recipe
This turkey chili recipe is on the regular rotation at our house for years! It is hearty, meaty, and so easy! This chili can be made in 30 minutes on the stovetop or as a crockpot turkey chili. Serve in warm bowls with tortilla chips and your favorite chili toppings.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 medium purple onion diced
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 15 oz black beans drained and lightly rinsed
- 15 oz pinto beans with juice
- 15 oz white beans with juice
- 2 oz jar of diced jalapeños or green chilis or to taste
- 30 oz can diced tomatoes seasoned or plain
- 15 oz tomato sauce
- 15 oz corn drained (or use 2 ears cooked corn)
In a 5 Qt pot or dutch oven over medium/high heat, add 1 Tbsp olive oil and sautee 1 lb ground turkey until cooked through (5 min).
Add diced purple onion, 1 tsp cumin powder, 1/2 tsp chili powder, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp oregano, 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Saute 5 minutes or until onions are softened.
Add drained and rinsed black beans, pinto beans with juice and white beans with juice. Also add diced jalapeños, 1 can diced tomatoes with juice, tomato sauce, and drained corn.
Stir to combine and bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer uncovered 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste towards the end of cooking (I like to add an extra 1/2 tsp salt).