Caprese Crostini (Canapes)
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 long baguette sliced into 1/2" thick rings
- Olive oil to brush the baguette
- 2-3 roma tomatoes sliced into 1/4" thick rings
- Fresh mozarella cheese sliced into 1/4" thick (buy cheese the width of your baguette)
- Fresh basil thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and black pepper to taste
Slice bread and brush both sides lightly with extra virgin olive oil. Bake 5 minutes at 350˚F to lightly toast it (toasting the bread keeps the bread from getting moist from the cheese).
Top with a slice of mozzarella and a slice of tomato. Sprinkle the tops with salt and pepper and bake at 350˚F for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
A few minutes before the crostini are finished baking, in a small ramekin, mix together 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar and 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil until well combined. Toss in the sliced fresh basil and stir gently. Top each crostini with the marinated basil.