Southwest Hot Chicken Dip (Extra Cheesy)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
This hot chicken dip is cheesy, loaded with corn and black beans, and has just the right amount of heat from the jalapeños.
- 8 oz cream cheese low fat is ok
- 16 oz sour cream light is ok
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 cup parmesan cheese shredded
- 1 1/2 cups 6 oz mild cheddar, shredded
- 12 oz can chunk chicken breast drained or 1 1/2 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 4 oz can Diced jalapeños the hot variety, drained
- 15 oz can Black beans rinsed and drained
- 15 oz can yellow Corn or 1 1/2 cups freshly cooked corn kernels, drained
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
To Serve and Optional Garnish:
- Tortilla chips or crackers to Serve
- Mild cheddar shredded for topping
- 1 roma tomato diced
- 1 avocado diced
In a medium pot over medium heat, combine 8oz cream cheese, 16 oz tub sour cream and 6 Tbsp unsalted butter and melt together, whisking until blended.
Stir in 1 cup parmesan and 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese and mix until cheese is melted. It should start to bubble.
Stir in chicken, jalapeños, black beans, yellow corn and 2 cloves of pressed garlic. Bring to a light boil and remove from heat. Garnish if desired and serve warm or hot. I told ya! Easy peasy! :)