Easy Chicken Sandwich Melts
Prep Time: 7 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
These chicken sandwich melts are scrumptious and they are an easy company-ready dish that takes minutes to put together. They will win over a crowd every time! This spread is loaded with cheesy chicken and tomatoes and is seasoned to perfection!
Ingredients for Sandwiches:
- 1 loaf good Bread
- 2 cans 12.5 oz each chicken breast in water, well drained
- 3/4 cup real mayo or to taste
- *Johnny’s seasoning to taste (see recipe for making your own seasoning below)
- 1 large tomato diced
- 1/3 bunch Cilantro
- 6 oz mild cheddar cheese finely shredded inside or a slice of cheese on top.
- Sriracha hot chili sauce to taste or your favorite hot sauce (optional)
*You can make your own Johnny's seasoning easily:
- 1 ½ Tbsp sea salt
- 1 Tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
Drain canned chicken well and transfer to a large mixing bowl, then break it up lightly with a fork.
Stir in 3/4 cup mayo or to taste along with Johnny's seasoning to taste (I used a little more than 1/4 tsp seasoning).
Add diced tomatoes, chopped cilantro and shredded cheddar cheese. Stir to combine.
Add Sriracha hot sauce to taste. The Sriracha hot sauce gives it a nice kick and it's so good, but if you want it to be kid friendly, you can divide the mixture and only put it into half of the spread.
Spread generously over good sliced bread (this one's from Costco) and bake uncovered on a cookie sheet at 350˚F for 8 minutes. Garnish with fresh cilantro and fresh tomatoes if desired.
Do not use this entire batch of seasoning listed above for this recipe - add it to taste