Zesty Mini Bell Pepper Salad Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
This is a simple salad with a short list of fresh ingredients. It's quick and easy to assemble and tastes great. This bell pepper salad refrigerates well and tastes great the next day. Pair it with mash pow-taters. Priyatnogo Appetita (Bon Apetit)!
- 1 lb sweet multi-colored mini bell pepper
- 1/2 of a medium sweet onion or purple onion, thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp Fresh dill, chopped
- 2 1/2 Tbsp white vinegar or Fresh lemon juice, I preferred the vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt, or to taste
- Pinch of black pepper
Remove the tops and seeds from bell peppers, then cut them in half lengthwise and cut into thin strips. It was quicker to stack two bell peppers and cut two halves at a time. Transfer sliced bell peppers to a large mixing bowl.
Thinly slice onion and add it to the bowl along with chopped fresh dill.
Combine 2 1/2 Tbsp vinegar with 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1/2 tsp garlic salt and a pinch of pepper. Whisk the dressing together with a fork. Pour dressing over salad ingredients and stir well to combine. Add more garlic salt to taste if desired. You can serve the salad right away or refrigerate until ready to serve. It even tastes great after being refrigerated overnight!