Shrimp Lettuce Wraps with Peanut Sauce
Shrimp lettuce wraps loaded with fresh veggies and juicy shrimp. The peanut sauce is exceptional and surprisingly simple. Lettuce wraps are a low carb, healthy dinner.
For the Lettuce Wraps:
- 1 head of Boston lettuce
- 1 lb large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or to taste
- 1/8 tsp black pepper or to taste
- 1/2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 avocado sliced into strips
- 1/2 cucumber sliced into strips
- 1/2 small bunch of cilantro
- 1 medium carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup Newman’s Own lowfat sesame ginger dressing *
- 1 1/2 Tbsp creamy peanut butter room temperature
Rinse and pat dry your shrimp. Sprinkle shrimp with salt and pepper to taste. Add 1/2 Tbsp olive oil to a large hot non-stick skillet. Once oil is hot, add shrimp and sauté on med/high heat 2 min per side or just until cooked through then transfer to a plate.
Cut your cucumber and carrot into thin matchsticks. Slice your avocado into strips, cut cilantro springs in half.
Make your peanut dressing, combine 1/2 cup sesame ginger dressing with the 1 1/2 Tbsp peanut butter in a mason jar or tupperware with tight fitting lid. Shake thoroughly until smooth.
To assemble lettuce wraps, place the lettuce cups on a platter, add several strips of carrot and cucumber, sliced avocado, 2 shrimp and a couple of large sprigs of cilantro. Drizzle the top with the peanut dipping sauce.
*P.S. this dressing contains wheat so if you're gluten free, try: Braggs ginger sesame