Kielbasa and Cucumber Crostini + Canapé Roundup!
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 long baguette cut on the diagonal into 1/3" slices
- 2 Tsp melted butter for toasting the bread
For the Spread:
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 green onion stalks (3-4 Tbsp) finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped dill finely chopped plus more for garnish
- 1 large garlic clove pressed
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lb kielbasa you can also use prosciutto, or even a good quality salami
- 1/2 English cucumber
- Caviar for garnish optional (my sister-in-law used caviar on top of canapes at our Christmas party and it made them extra fancy)
Preheat the oven to 350˚F. Use a pastry brush to lightly butter both sides. Bake for 5 minutes then remove from the oven. You just want to toast them slightly, not turn them into croutons. ;)
In a small bowl, combine 8 oz cream cheese, chopped green onion, chopped dill, 1 pressed clove of garlic and 1/8 tsp pepper. Use a fork to mash the herbs into the cream cheese. Spread a generous amount onto each crostini. It's ok to spread while the bread is still warm.
Top with thinly sliced kielbasa and cucumber and add a few sprigs of dill and sliced onion for garnish.