Turkey Noodle Soup Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 lb leftover turkey meat white and/or dark meat
- 8 cups reduced sodium broth chicken or vegetable
- 7 cups water
- 1 Tbsp salt we used sea salt
- 6 medium potatoes peeled and cubed
- 3 medium carrots thinly sliced into circles
- 1/2 cup pasta I used angel hair
- 2 large sticks of celery finely diced
- 1 small/medium onion finely diced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp Mrs. Dash or your favorite salt-free seasoning
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
How to make Leftover Turkey Noodle Soup:
In a large soup pot, combine 8 cups broth with 7 cups water and 1 Tbsp salt.
Add chopped potatoes, then bring the water to a boil and cook an additional 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, slice your carrots and toss them into the pot once the water boils. Also, add your bay leaves.
Next, break apart your noodles into spoonable pieces (you can use egg noodles or whatever noodles you have on hand). Toss the noodles into the pot.
Heat a large skillet over medium/high heat and add 3 Tbsp olive oil. Add finely diced celery and onion. Saute until soft and golden, then add it to the soup pot.
Pull your turkey meat apart with forks and add it to the pot.
Add 1 tsp Mrs. Dash and 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper, or to taste. Continue to boil a few more minutes, or until the potatoes and carrots are cooked through.