Crab Salad with Cucumber and Tomato Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
- l lb 16 oz package of Imitation crab meat, chopped/shredded up into small pieces
- 1 English One long cucumber diced small
- 2 medium tomatoes diced and drained of any excess juice
- 1/4 cup chopped Green onions fresh or frozen
- 3 cloves of garlic pressed
- 1/2 cup mayo or to taste (I'm keeping it healthier with a a vegenaise)
Chop/shred crab into small pieces. You can chop with a knife or use a food processor and pulse in batches. Try to shred it apart a little for better coating with the dressing. P.S. Imitation crab meat is made of white fish. I've loved this stuff since I was a kid and I can't get over it (don't judge me). I'd always ask my parents to buy it when we went grocery shopping together.
Chop 2 medium tomatoes and drained them of any excess juice. It wouldn't be a bad plan to seed them to keep the salad from getting too juicy the next day. Make small dice out of the cucumber. In a large bowl , combine chopped tomatoes, diced cucumbers, shredded crab and 1/4 cup diced green onion.
In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup mayo and 3 pressed cloves of garlic. Add the dressing to the crab salad to taste. You can add more mayo if you like a juicier salad. Refrigerate until ready to serve.