Peach Cream Cheese Braided Danish
Prep Time: 40 minutes
Cook Time: 28 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 8 minutes
Ingredients for the cream cheese filling:
- 6 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk room temperature
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
For the peach Filling:
- 1 15 oz can of Del Monte Garden Quality ® sliced peaches (I used raspberry flavored), drained
Ingredients for the pastry:
- 1 sheet store-bought frozen puff pastry thawed according to package instructions
- Egg Wash: 1 large egg mixed with 1 Tbsp water
- Coarse sugar I used raw sugar
- Glaze: 1/3 cup Powdered sugar mixed with 1/2 Tbsp Milk
Preheat Your Oven to 400°F.
Making your Fillings:
Place cream cheese and sugar in a bowl and beat on low speed until smooth
Add egg yolk, vanilla, salt and lemon juice and continue mixing just until well blended. Set aside.
Slice the DelMonte peaches into 1/4" thick slices.
Prepping the Pastry and Assembly:
Dust a sheet of parchment paper with flour. Place your thawed puff pastry dough over it and roll it out slightly to flatten the top.
Spread your prepared cream cheese in the middle of your puff pastry lengthwise, staying inside the the middle third of the pastry and leaving a 1" border at the top and bottom of the pastry.
Spread peach slices evenly over the cream cheese.
Cut off the top corners and cut out notches in the bottom of your pastry. Use kitchen scissors or a pizza cutter to cut an equal number of 1-inch wide strips diagonally down the sides of the pastry, leaving at least 1/2-inch before you reach the filling. Braid the pastry strips by folding them in, alternating between sides.
Make an egg wash by briskly beating 1 egg and 1 Tbsp of water with a fork. Brush the braided pastry with egg wash and sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake at 400˚F for 25-28 min or until top is golden brown.
Once the braided danish is cooled to room temp, mix 1/3 powdered sugar with 1/2 Tbsp milk and drizzle over the pastry.