Whole Wheat and Blueberry Waffles
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt or table salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk any kind, we use 1%
- 1/2 cup olive oil we use extra light olive oil, canola oil also works well
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 cup fresh blueberries or 1 cup frozen with 1 tsp whole wheat flour
What you'll need:
- A Waffle maker
In a large bowl beat 2 eggs on high speed until frothy and bubbly (30 sec)
Place your sifter over your beaten eggs and sift in your 2 cups flour, 4 tsp baking powder and 1/4 tsp salt. Add the bran that's left behind in your sifter.
Pour in 1 3/4 cups milk, 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1 Tbsp honey. Whisk the mixture together until smooth.
In a small bowl, Mix together 1 cup blueberries with 1 tsp whole wheat flour. Use a spatula to fold in the frozen blueberries.
Pour your batter into your preheated waffle almost to the edges. Serve waffles right away or let them rest on a wire rack. Don't stack them while they are warm or they will become squishy.