Fresh Broccoli Apple Salad with Walnuts
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 medium heads of broccoli chopped into small pieces
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1 apple cored and finely chopped
- 1/4 medium onion 1/4 cup, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted on a skillet and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins or cranberries
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tbsp sugar or add to taste
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Pinch of pepper
Toast walnuts over medium/ high heat, tossing them occasionally so they don't burn. Heat about 4-5 minutes. Chop walnuts coarsely.
Combine chopped broccoli, grated carrot, chopped apple, chopped onion, chopped walnut and cranberries.
To make the dressing, combine: mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, sugar (to taste), salt and pepper. Mix well.
Mix as much of the dressing as you want into the salad, then serve.