Instant Pot Chicken and Rice
This Instant Pot Chicken and Rice is creamy and cheesy with tender morsels of chicken. You will love the flavors and how quick it is to make Chicken and Rice in the Instant Pot! Watch the video tutorial to see how easy this is.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion diced
- 2 large carrots thickly grated or julienned
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast or thighs, or tenders (trimmed and cut into 1" pieces)
- 2 tsp sea salt divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper ground
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups Jasmine rice un-rinsed
- 1 head garlic unpeeled, cut in half crosswise
- 1/3 cup parsley finely chopped, plus more to garnish
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese plus more to serve
Add trimmed, chopped chicken, another 1 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Sautee, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
Add 4 cups chicken broth and 2 cups rice and stir to combine. Cut whole garlic head in half through the cloves and parallel to the base. Place garlic halves on top, cut-side down. Cover and cook on manual high pressure for 10 minutes then quick release remaining pressure.
Open the lid and stir in 1/2 cup parmesan with 1/3 cup chopped parsley. Serve with more cheese and garnish with parsley if desired.