Broccoli Salad Recipe with Creamy Lemon Dressing (VIDEO)
The ORIGINAL Broccoli Salad Recipe - loaded with broccoli, apples, craisins, and pecans, and tossed in a creamy lemon dressing. A must-try potluck favorite!
Ingredients for Broccoli Salad Recipe:
- 2 medium broccoli heads (about 1 lb)
- 1 large carrot grated or julienned
- 1 apple cored and chopped
- 1/2 small red onion (1/4 cup thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup pecans or walnuts toasted
- 1/2 cup craisins or raisins
Ingredients for Creamy Lemon Dressing:
Toast walnuts or pecans over medium/ high heat, tossing them occasionally so they don't burn. Heat about 4-5 minutes then transfer to a cutting board and coarsley chop.
Chop broccoli into bite-sized pieces, grate carrot, chop the apple and thinly slice onion, and transfer into a salad bowl. Add toasted pecans and dried raisins or cranberries.
To make the creamy dressing, combine: mayonnaise, sour cream, lemon juice, sugar (to taste), salt and pepper. Mix well.
Add dressing to taste or use the full amount like we do and toss to combine.