Chicken Pasta Salad
Prep Time: 24 minutes
Cook Time: 6 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
This chicken pasta salad is a one-bowl meal and leftovers make an excellent to-go lunch the next day. The creamy lemon dill dressing amplifies the veggies and provides fresh amazing flavor.
For the Chicken Pasta Salad:
- 1 large chicken breast trimmed
- 8 oz 3 cups cooked orzo pasta
- 1 15oz can corn, drained, or kernels from 2 cooked corn on the cobs
- 4 boiled eggs diced
- 1 red or orange bell pepper diced
- 1 carrot julienned or grated
- 3/4 cup green onion red onion can be used, finely chopped
- 4-5 small garden cucumbers or 1 english diced
Whisk together dressing ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use.
Cut chicken breasts in half lengthwise and season both sides with salt and pepper. Place a large skillet, over medium heat and add 1 Tbsp oil. Add seasoned chicken to the pan and sauté chicken until golden brown and cooked through (about 3 minutes per side). Remove to a cutting board, cool to room temperature, then dice.
Cook pasta in salted water until aldente, according to package instructions. Rinse with cold water and drain well.
In a large bowl, combine all of your pasta salad Ingredients: diced chicken breast, 3 cups cooked orzo pasta, corn, diced egg, cucumber and bell pepper, julienned carrot and chopped green onion. Toss salad together then drizzle with creamy dressing and toss again to combine. Add salt to taste if desired.