Carrot Salad with Apricots and Pecans
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
You'll love this creamy carrot salad with shredded carrots and diced apricots.
For the Carrot Salad: 1 lb (5 large) carrots, coarsely grated or julienned
- 1/2 cup 3 oz dried apricots, diced
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted on a dry skillet and coarsely chopped
For the Dressing:
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves, or to taste
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup real mayo
- 1/8 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- pinch of black pepper, freshly ground
Prep your ingredients: julienne or grate carrots, dice apricots and chop your toasted pecans (don't skip the toasting - it really brings out their nuttiness). Transfer everything to a large mixing bowl.
In a small mixing bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and stir to combine. Add dressing to the salad to taste and serve.