Tuna Salad Recipe
Tuna Salad loaded, with flaky canned tuna, creamy avocado, crisp green apples, and crunchy almonds - the combination of flavors and textures makes this completely irresistible!
- 20 oz tuna in water, (four, 5-oz cans), well drained.
- 1 medium onion, 1 1/3 cup finely diced
- 1 medium granny smith apple, seeded and diced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and diced
- 3/4 cup real mayo, or added to taste
- 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds or chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or to taste
Toast nuts on a dry skillet until golden. Remove from heat and cool slightly.
To drain tuna, I open the lid then press it down firmly over the tuna to drain off as much water as I can squeeze out. If your tuna is too wet, your salad will be wet.
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and add a pinch of black pepper and 1/2 tsp lemon juice, or to taste. Add mayo to taste.