Garlic and Herb Burger Recipe
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 12 minutes
Total Time: 27 minutes
These garlic and herb burgers taste fresh, juicy, fluffy and delicious, and feel lighter on the gut than frozen pre-made "mystery" patties.
For the Burger Patties:
- 2 lbs ground beef preferably 80/20 fat content - not too lean
- 2 large cloves garlic pressed or minced
- 2 1/2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp salt
- pinch of black pepper
Topping and Condiment ideas:
- 6 burger buns
- 6 slices swiss cheese
- Green leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 large or 2 medium tomatos sliced
- Sauteed mushrooms In a little oil with salt & pepper
- Freshly sliced or Caramelized onions
- Ketchup and mayo
Preheat Grill to medium/high heat. In a large bowl, combine 2 lbs beef, 2 minced garlic cloves, 2 1/2 Tbsp Worchestershire, 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley, 1/4 tsp salt and a pinch of pepper.
It's easiest to mix the meat with your hands or using a stand mixer with paddle attachement.
Divide beef mixture into 6 equal portions and form round patties (Each one was 5 1/2" in diameter and weighed 5 1/2 oz). Push your fingers around the middle of your patty to create a slight well in the center. This is important for an even surface since burgers puff up as they cook.
For medium well burgers, grill 6 min on each side with the grill closed (we rotate them 45˚ after 3 min to create fancy grill marks). You know patties are done when you push on the top and juices run clear instead of white. Top with cheese in the last minute of grilling.