Creamy Cucumber Salad Recipe
This easy Creamy Cucumber Salad combines crisp cucumbers and sweet red onions with fresh sour cream, lemon, and dill sauce that will have you begging for more.
- 1 1/2 lbs cucumbers 2 english cucumbers or 7-10 small ones
- 1/2 medium purple or yellow onion thinly sliced
- 1 Tbsp fresh or frozen dill chopped
- 3/4 cup sour cream reduced fat is ok
- 1/2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice from 1/2 small lemon
- 1 large or 2 small garlic cloves pressed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt and pinch black pepper or to taste
In a small bowl, combine 3/4 cup sour cream, 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice, 2 pressed garlic cloves, 1 Tbsp dill, 1/2 tsp salt or to taste and a pinch of pepper. Stir and set aside while prepping salad.
Slice cucumbers into thin rounds or half rounds if using large cucumbers. Place in a large mixing bowl. Add thinly sliced onion. Just before serving stir sauce into the salad and mix to coat cucumbers. After adding sauce, the salad will stay fresh for about 2-3 hours if refrigerated.
*For best results, add the creamy sour cream dressing to the cucumber salad just before serving.
*Fresh lemon juice works best.
*I've tested plain Greek yogurt and it works (although not quite as good), just omit lemon juice if using.