Grilled Salmon Skewers with Garlic and Dijon
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Total Time: 28 minutes
These take less than 30 minutes to make and you end up with such juicy, flaky and flavorful salmon... you'll want seconds!
- 1.5 lbs salmon fillets cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 large lemons thinly sliced
- 16 10-inch bamboo skewers
For the Salmon Marinade:
- 2 Tbsp parsley freshly chopped
- 2 large or 3 small garlic cloves pressed
- 1/2 Tbsp Dijon mustard we used grey poupon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp light olive oil not extra virgin, pick something with a higher smoke point
- 2 Tbsp of fresh lemon juice from 1/2 large lemon or 1 small lemon
Prep: Soak bamboo skewers at least 1 hour to keep them from catching fire. Preheat Grill to medium heat (about 375˚F).
In a medium bowl, stir together all of the marinade ingredients: 2 Tbsp chopped parsley, 2 pressed garlic cloves, 1/2 Tbsp dijon, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp pepper, 2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp lemon juice.
Double skewer the salmon and lemon slices folded in half intermittently onto two skewers at a time (The double skewer aids in turning the salmon kebobs on the grill). Brush both sides of skewered salmon with marinade.
Oil the grates then carefully place salmon skewers onto the hot BBQ. Grill kebobs for 3-4 minutes per side or until salmon is cooked through and opaque.