Fruit Salad with Orange Poppy Seed Syrup
The natural orange lemon syrup glazes the fruit and the keeps your salad looking and tasting fresh longer. Use leftovers for smoothies!
Fruit Salad Ingredients:
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries hulled and halved or quartered if large
- 1 lb fresh grapes any color, halved
- 6 clementines peeled well and separated into sections
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 to 2 apples cored, cut into sixths and sliced into 1/4" thick pieces
- 1 banana sliced
Orange Lemon Syrup:
- 4 Tbsp liquid honey
- Juice of 1 large lemon about 1/4 cup
- Juice of 1 medium orange about ¼ cup
- Heaping 1/2 tsp poppy seeds
- Mint leaves
Squeeze juice of 1 lemon and 1 orange. Stir together syrup ingredients, mixing until honey is completely dissolved into the syrup.
Rinse and slice fruit in the order that it is listed. Don't slice your apples or bananas until you're ready to add the syrup since the lemon in the syrup will keep them from browning.
Drizzle syrup over the fruit and toss to evenly coat the fruit with syrup.
Other fruit options that work well in this salad: pineapple, kiwi, raspberries, blackberries