Easy Pineapple Cherry Dump Cake
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
This Pineapple Cherry "Dump" Cake has just 5 ingredients and is probably one of the easiest desserts you'll ever make. I admit the name isn't all too appealing, but you literally just "dump" the ingredients into the pan. There's no stirring, beating, or prep involved that you'd normally expect when baking a dessert. It's easy peasy. Pair this dump cake with vanilla ice cream and you have yourself one super tasty, crowd-pleasing cake.
- 20 oz crushed pineapple undrained (we used Dole)
- 21 oz cherry pie filling we used Duncan Hines
- 1 pkg moist yellow cake mix we used Betty Crocker
- 1/2 - 1 cup shaved almonds or chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup 1 stick butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350˚. Butter bottom and sides of a 9x13 inch baking pan.
Dump pineapple with juice and spread into bottom of pan. Top with cherry pie filling.
Sprinkle the top evenly with dry cake mix, add nuts if using then drizzle the top with melted butter. Bake uncovered at 350˚F for 55-60 min or until bubbly and browned.