Beet and Pomegranate Kaleidoscope Salad
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
The salad ingredients can be prepped in advance, but stir it together just before serving to keep the potato sticks crisp and fresh. You could easily make this salad vegetarian and omit the beef.
- 1/3 medium purple or white cabbage thinly sliced (1 cup)
- 1 medium beet grated or julienned (1 cup)
- 1 medium bell pepper or 6 mini bells cut into thin strips (1 cup)
- 1 large carrot grated or julienned (1 cup)
- Seeds from 1 pomegranate
- 1/2 lb beef cut into small, thin strips (I used chuck)
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 cup Shoestring Potato Sticks *see note
- 1/2 cup mayo or to taste
Slice beef into thin strips. Season with salt and pepper and saute over high heat until browned and cooked through. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
Place all of the prepared ingredients into a large salad bowl, keeping the ingredients separate until ready to serve.
Just before serving, stir together all ingredients except the potato sticks then stir mayo into the salad to taste. Finally, toss in the potato sticks and stir lightly.
*We found the shoestring potato sticks next to the Pringles - available at Fred Meyer or Walmart. If you can't find them, you can cook your own.