Mexican Salad with Lime Dressing
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 15 minutes
This is an easy, excellent chopped Mexican salad. Mexican salads have a way of reviving your taste buds with all of the fresh lime juice and cilantro. You can change up the ingredients and make this salad your own; like adding carrots instead of snap peas if you don't have them in the fridge. P.S. If you aren't a fan of cilantro, you can use parsley instead, but make sure to use lemon juice in the dressing instead of lime. As a rule of thumb, lime goes well with cilantro and lemon works well with parsley.
Mexican Salad Ingredients:
- 1 large head Romaine Lettuce rinsed, chopped and dried
- 1 cup Cherry or grape tomatoes halved (or large tomato, diced)
- 1 avocado diced
- 1/2 English cucumber sliced
- 1/2 small yellow onion thinly sliced
- l cup Snap peas whole, optional
- 1/2 cup corn kernels canned or freshly cooked
- 1/3 bunch fresh cilantro
Combine all salad dressing ingredients and shake or whisk them together then set aside.
Chop all salad ingredients and combine in a large salad bowl.
Shake salad dressing again prior to serving and drizzle the top with as much salad dressing as you prefer. Toss salad together and enjoy!