Chicken and Vegetable Penne Alfredo
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 3/4 lb Penne Pasta boiled according to package instructions with 1/2 Tbsp salt
- 1 1/2 Tbsp butter
- 1 Sweet Bell Pepper sliced
- 1/2 to 3/4 lb Button Mushrooms
- 1 small onion
- 1 Tbsp Butter + 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper and 1/2 tsp salt for the veggies
- 1 lb chicken breast or chicken thigh
- Salt Pepper and Your favorite seasoning to sprinkle on the chicken (i.e. Garlic Mrs. Dash)
- 1/2 cup Sundried tomatoes coarsely chopped into small pieces
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Sweet Chili Sauce optional; if you want a spicy kick (We used Mae Ploy Brand from Cash & Carry)
Boil pasta according to package instructions (except I only used 1/2 Tbsp salt). Drain cooked pasta and mix in 1 1/2 tbsp butter so the noodles don't stick to each other.
Season chicken with salt, pepper and your favorite seasoning such as Mrs. Dash. Grill or saute your seasoned chicken until fully cooked. Let it rest to cool down slightly, then slice it against the grain.
Heat a deep/large skillet over medium/high heat. Toss in 1 Tbsp butter and a couple Tbsp olive oil. Sautee sliced bell peppers, sliced mushrooms and finely diced onions until soft (about 8 min).
Once the veggies are cooked, stir in the pasta, chopped sun-dried tomatoes and cooked chicken and mix well. Pour in 2 cups heavy whipping cream, 1/4 cup sweet chili sauce (if using) and 3/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Set the pan back over the heat and heat everything thoroughly stirring several times until the sauce is creamy and cheese is melted.