Chicken Cream Cheese Chili (Slow Cooker Recipe)
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours
Total Time: 6 hours 10 minutes
For the chili, you will need:
- 2 chicken breasts frozen or fresh
- 15 oz can black beans; drained and rinsed
- 15 oz can white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 medium onion finely chopped
- 15 oz can of corn, undrained
- 10 oz diced tomatoes with green chilies, un-drained
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 0.4 oz ranch dressing mix packet
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro; chopped
- 1/2 to 1 cup chicken broth I used Better than bouillon reduced sodium
- 8 oz cream cheese (regular or reduced fat)
Optional (but highly recommended) garnish:
- Mixed Mexican cheese sour cream and chives
Put everything into the slow cooker in the order that it's listed above:
Place 2 chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot.
Drain and rinse (rinse until water runs clear) black and white beans; then add them to the pot.
Add finely chopped medium onion, undrained can of corn, undrained can of diced tomatoes with green chilies
Top with 1 Tbsp chili powder, 1 tsp cumin, 1 package ranch dressing mix, 1/2 bunch of chopped cilantro, 1/2-1 cup chicken broth (depending on how thick you want it; I used 1 cup) and finally place your 8 oz package of cream cheese on top.
Cover and cook on low for 6 hours. After it's been cooking 5 hours, break up the cream cheese into the rest of the mix. Cover and continue cooking the last hour (if you forget this step, it won't hurt anything to mix it at the end).
After the 6 hours, remove the chicken breasts into a medium bowl and shred with two forks. Chicken should be fall-apart tender. Place the chicken back into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
Serve over baked potatoes topped with cheese and sour cream. It's also great with tortilla chips or white rice.