Spicy Guacamole Recipe
Spicy Guacamole is the ultimate party appetizer and it always disappears fast. We've dialed in the correct ratios of avocados to onions and lime juice to give this authentic flavor.
- 3 large avocados
- 3 Tbsp lime juice, freshly squeezed from 1 1/2 limes
- 1 medium tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 white onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cilantro , from 1/2 bunch
- 2 serrano peppers, finely chopped (or use jalapenos for milder guac)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
Cut avocados in half, remove the seeds and scrape them out into a flat bottomed bowl. Smash with a potato masher or a fork. Squeeze lime juice directly over avocados.
Chop onion and add it to the bowl. Remove seeds from jalapenos, finely dice and add to the bowl.
Cut the tomato in half parallel with the top and remove seeds. Dice your tomatoes and add them to your bowl.
Press garlic and chop your cilantro than add them to the bowl.
Add 1/2 tsp dry cumin powder, 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, 1/2 tsp salt and serve right away.
If you want to make this ahead, place plastic wrap directly onto the guacamole and push out any air and refrigerate.