Canapés with Egg and Chives
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 6 oz package “The Laughing Cow” Original Creamy Swiss flavor cheeses, 8 wedges
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons real mayo
- 1 long baguette, sliced about 1/4″ to 1/3″ thick
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2-3 hard-boiled eggs
- 3-4 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped (parsley also makes a great garnish)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Slice the bread in to half inch slices. Place them on a baking sheet and
lightly brush both sides with melted butter.
Bake 5 minutes, or until they are just starting to golden. Do the ”poke” test with your finger to make sure they are still soft in the center. Let these cool to room temperature. It’s ok if they are still a little warm when spreading.
Unwrap the laughing cow cheese and place in small bowl. Peel and finely grate the garlic cloves into the bowl.
Mash together laughing cow cheese, garlic and mayo, just until smooth.
Spread desired amount on each baguette slice.
Finely grate egg over each baguette slice and sprinkle with fresh chives (or freshly chopped parsley) for garnish.