Potatoes with Cream and Mushrooms
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 50 minutes
- 10 medium potatoes peeled and cut into 6 to 8 pieces
- 2 garlic cloves optional, pierced in the center with a knife
- 2 bay leaf optional
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 quart 2 cups whipping cream
- 1/2 lb mushrooms sliced (or 10 oz can of mushrooms, drained)
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 2 medium carrots grated
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp chopped dill fresh or frozen - optional
- Olive oil for frying
Prep all the ingredients first. Next, place potatoes, 2 bay leaves, 2 garlic cloves in a medium size pot and fill it with enough water to cover potatoes. Bring it to a boil and cook for 15 minutes, or until you can easily pierce the potato with a knife.
While potatoes are cooking, add few Tbsp of olive oil to a large skillet and bring it to a medium-high heat. Saute onions until they are soft and golden than set them aside. Using the same skillet, add more oil and saute carrots until soft and set them aside as well. Finally, saute mushrooms until lightly browned, adding more oil as necessary.
Place the carrots and onions back in to the pan, add 2 cups of Heavy Whipping Cream, 1 tsp of salt (or more to taste), 2 Tbsp of dill and bring everything to a simmer, than turn off the heat.
When potatoes are cooked, drain and transfer them in a large baking dish.
Pour the sauce over potatoes, sprinkle the top with 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese than place the dish in the oven and broil for 5 minutes.