Turkey Meatball Soup
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
My sister's Turkey Meatball Soup is hearty, healthy and so satisfying.
Ingredients for Soup:
- 10 cups chicken broth or stock
- 6 cups filtered water
- 1 cup barley rinsed and drained
- 5 medium potatoes chopped into ½-inch cubes
- 1-2 medium carrots grated
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- ½ pound mushrooms (about 7 mushrooms)
- 1 can white beans
- 1 Tbsp Mrs Dash Seasoning original or garlic flavored
- 2 Tbsp dill
- 1 tsp salt plus more to taste
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil to saute mushrooms
How to Make meatballs:
Combine all of the ingredients for meatballs in a large bowl and mix well.
Roll the meat into ¾ -inch balls (gumball size) and place on a large cutting board.
How to Make the Soup:
In a large pot, combine broth with water and bring it to boil. Add barley and boil for 12 minutes before adding potatoes. While barley is cooking, prep all your vegetables.
After 12 minutes passed, add diced potatoes and cook for around 20 more minutes.
In a large skillet, heat 1 to 2 Tbsp o olive oil and sauté onion 4 to 5 minutes until light brown. Next add some carrots, saute for 3 minutes until soft. Add mixture in the soup.
In the same skillet, add more olive oil and sauté mushrooms 5 to 6 minutes until soft, than add them in the soup.
Add can of beans with juice (don't drain), 1 Tbsp of Mrs. Dash, following by meatballs and boil for 5 minutes. Meatballs will float to the top.
Finish the soup with 2 Tbsp of dill and 1 tsp of salt.