Cowboy Caviar Recipe
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
This Cowboy Caviar salsa is wonderfully fresh, healthy, simple and loaded! We make this salsa all summer long. It makes a big batch so it is an ideal summer party dip. A surprising ingredient infuses every bite with incredible flavor.
- 6 Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 bell bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, seeded and finely diced
- 1 large avocado , peeled, pitted and diced
- 15 oz can corn, drained (or from 1 cooked cob of corn)
- 15 oz can black beans, well rinsed and drained (or make your own)
- 1/2 bunch of cilantro, About 1/2 cup chopped
- 3-4 Tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 cup light Italian Dressing, *
- 4 medium garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 tsp sea salt or to taste
In a large mixing bowl, combine diced tomatoes, chopped onion and bell pepper, seeded and diced jalapeño, sliced avocado, drained corn, rinsed and drained black beans and chopped cilantro.
Stir in 3-4 Tbsp of lime juice, 1/2 cup of Italian dressing, 4 pressed garlic cloves and 1 tsp of salt or season to taste. Mix everything together and serve with tortilla chips.
We use either Newmans Own or Olive Garden brand light Italian dressing.