Red Cabbage Salad with Apple
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
My Sister Alla's Red Cabbage Salad with Apple is loaded with the best Autumn Ingredients. She sneaks sauerkraut into her salad, making it like a red cabbage slaw. One of our Favorite Red Cabbage Recipes
- 1/2 medium red cabbage, (6 cups finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup sauerkraut, well drained
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1 granny smith apple, sliced into thin bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp dill, finely chopped
- 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp white vinegar, or to taste
- 1/2 tsp sea salt, or to taste
Finely chop cabbage and transfer it to a large mixing bowl.
Thoroughly squeeze sauerkraut by the fist-fulls to remove excess moisture until you have 1/2 cup of squeezed sauerkraut then add it to the salad bowl.
Add sliced cucumber and granny smith apple, chopped dill and green onion.
Drizzle the salad with 4 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil and 1 Tbsp white vinegar and 1/2 tsp sea salt*. Toss the salad well to combine and add more salt and/or vinegar to taste.
*Serving Tip: Add salt until just before serving since it will cause the cucumbers to wilt.