Mongolian Beef Recipe
EASY Mongolian Beef recipe with the BEST sauce! Thinly sliced beef with vegetables in flavor-packed sauce ready in under 30 minutes!
Mongolian Beef Ingredients-
- 1 carrot , peeled and julienned
- 1 red bell pepper , sliced into strips
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp oil, divided
- 1 lb flank steak, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp fresh ginger , peeled and grated
- 4 garlic cloves , peeled and grated
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, (packed)
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce, *
- 1 tsp Sriracha, or added to taste
- 1/3 cup green onions, thickly sliced (from 4 stems)
Place beef slices in a bowl, add cornstarch and stir to completely coat.
In a bowl, combine the ingredients for the sauce and stir until well combined, set aside.
Julienne the carrot and pepper, slice the onions. Thinly slice the beef into bite-sized strips.
In a skillet, heat 1 Tbsp oil with 1 Tbsp butter over med/high heat. Add the carrot and peppers, saute to desired tenderness. Remove the vegetables from the skillet.
Add 1 Tbsp oil over high heat. Once hot, add the beef and cook about 2 minutes per side.
Add the vegetables back into the skillet with the green onion.
Pour the sauce and stir to combine. Turn heat to medium/low and cook until the sauce thickens, about 3 minutes.
*Use Tamari Sauce for gluten-free Mongolian Beef