Kung Pao Chicken
Kung Pao Chicken is loaded with veggies, protein and the most amazing sauce, this easy dish is made all in one pan!
- 24 oz boneless skinless chicken breast cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 4 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp Dry Sherry wine or Chinese Shaoxing wine
- 2 tsp oil
Kung Pao Sauce
- 4 tbsp oil for frying
- 6 red chilies chopped roughly
- 1/2 large green bell pepper cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 large red bell pepper cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger
- 4 large garlic cloves about 2 tbsp pressed garlic
- 6 green onions cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup roasted peanuts
- 1 tsp sesame seeds optional, garnish
Cut the chicken into bite-size cubes. Combine the Chicken Marinade ingredients together. Add chopped chicken and let it sit for at least 10 minutes to tenderize.
In a separate dish, combine the Kung Pao Sauce ingredients together. Whisk until cornstarch is dissolved and the sauce is smooth then set aside.
Preheat a wok or a large skillet with 2 tablespoons of oil. Add chicken and cook on medium-high until it's golden brown and almost fully cooked. Remove it from the pan and set aside.
Add 2 tablespoons of oil to the same pan. Add chopped bell peppers, pressed garlic, grated ginger and dried chilies. Toss it together in a pan and stir fry for 4 minutes.
Add the prepared Kung Pao Sauce to the pan, stir everything together. As soon as the sauce starts to thicken, add chicken to the pan. Toss to coat the chicken with the sauce.
Add chopped green onion, peanuts, and sesame seeds, then stir to combine.